Personal identification information
We may collect personal identification information from Users in a variety of ways, including, but not limited to, when Users visit our site, register on the site, subscribe to a newsletter, respond to a survey, fill out a form, and in connection with other activities, services, features or resources we make available on our Site or via email. We will collect personal identification information from Users only if they voluntarily submit this information to us. Such information may include name, email address, mailing address, phone number. Users can always refuse to supply personally identification information, except that it may prevent them from engaging in certain Site related activities. In addition, Users may visit our Site anonymously.
Non-personal identification information
We may collect non-personal identification information about Users whenever they interact with our Site. Non-personal identification information may include the browser name, the type of computer and technical information about Users means of connection to our Site, (operating system, internet service providers, utilized and other connection-related information).
How we use collected information
Miria Systems Inc. may collect and use Users personal information for the following purposes:
- To improve customer service
- Information you provide helps us respond to your customer service requests and support needs more efficiently.
- To enhance user experience We may use information in the aggregate to understand how our Users as a group use the services and resources provided on our Site.
- To make Miria a better resource for you We may use feedback you provide to improve our products and services.
- To provide useful and insightful information
We will send Users information, surveys and contests about topics we think will be of interest to them.
- To send periodic emails. We may use the email address to respond to inquiries, questions, and/or other requests. If User decides to opt-in to our mailing list, the User will receive emails that may include company news, updates, related product or service information, etc. If at any time the User would like to unsubscribe from receiving future emails, we include unsubscribe options at the bottom of each email or the User may contact us via our Site.
How we protect your information
We adopt appropriate data collection, storage and processing practices and security measures to protect against unauthorized access, alteration, disclosure or destruction of your personal information, username, password, transaction information and data stored on our Site.
Our Site is in compliance with industry-accepted vulnerability standards in order to create as secure of an environment as possible for Users.
Sharing your personal information
We do not sell, trade, or exchange User’s personal identification information to others. We may share generic aggregated demographic information not linked to any personal identification information regarding visitors and users with our business partners and trusted affiliates for business-related purposes consistent with this policy. We may use third-party service providers to help us operate our business, maintain this Site, or administer other related activities on our behalf, such as sending out newsletters or surveys. We may share your information with these third-parties for these referenced purposes provided that you have given us your permission.
Your acceptance of these terms
By using this Site, you confirm your acceptance of this policy. If you do not agree to this policy, please do not use our Site. Your continued use of the Site following the posting of changes to this policy will be deemed your acceptance of those changes.
The Personal Information about you that we collect includes information within the categories of data defined by California state privacy laws and provided below. Under the CCPA, “Personal Information” means information that identifies, relates to, describes, is reasonably capable of being associated with, or could reasonably be linked with a particular consumer or household. Personal Information does not include:
(1) de-identified or aggregated information;
(2) “publicly available information” that is lawfully made available from federal, state, or local government records; or
(3) information excluded from the CCPA, such as Protected Health Information or medical information that is subject to HIPAA, or other personal information covered by certain other privacy laws, such as the Fair Credit Reporting Act, the Gramm-Leach-Bliley Act, or California Financial Information Privacy Act, and the Driver’s Privacy Protection Act of 1994.
We do not and will not sell Personal Information about you, as defined by CCPA. We also have not done so for the last 12 months.
RIGHTS AVAILABLE TO CALIFORNIA RESIDENTS
Under the CCPA, residents of California are provided with certain rights regarding their Personal Information (as defined in the CCPA). The following section outlines these rights:
- Right to Know: You have the right to request that we disclose certain information to you about our collection and use of your Personal Information over the past 12 months. Once we receive and confirm your verifiable consumer request, we will disclose to you:
- the Categories of Personal Information we have collected from you
- the business purposes for which such Personal Information was collected
- the Sources of Personal Information we have collected from you
- the specific pieces of Personal Information stored about you
- the categories of 3rd parties with whom we share Personal Information
- If we shared your Personal Information for a business purpose, the categories of Personal Information that each category of recipient obtained.
- Right to Request Deletion: You have the right to request deletion of your Personal Information that has been collected and retained from you subject to certain exceptions. Once we receive and confirm your verifiable consumer request, we will delete your Personal Information from our records, unless there is an applicable exception. We may deny your deletion request if we need to retain the information to:
- Complete the transaction for which we collected the Personal Information, provide a good or service that you requested, take actions reasonably anticipated within the context of our ongoing business relationship with you, or otherwise perform our contract with you.
- Detect security incidents, protect against malicious, deceptive, fraudulent, or illegal activity, or prosecute those responsible for such activities.
- Debug products to identify and repair errors that impair existing intended functionality.
- Exercise free speech ensure the right of another consumer to exercise their free speech rights, or exercise another right provided for by law.
- Comply with the California Electronic Communications Privacy Act (Cal. Penal Code § 1546 ).
- Engage in public or peer-reviewed scientific, historical, or statistical research in the public interest that adheres to all other applicable ethics and privacy laws, when the information’s deletion may likely render impossible or seriously impair the research’s achievement, if you previously provided informed consent.
- Enable solely internal uses that are reasonably aligned with consumer expectations based on your relationship with us.
- Comply with a legal obligation.
- Make other internal and lawful uses of that information that are compatible with the context in which you provided it.
If none of the foregoing exceptions applies, and we delete the information in compliance with your verifiable request, we will also direct our applicable service providers to delete your personal information.
You or an authorized agent registered with the California Secretary of State that you authorize to act on your behalf, may exercise the Rights twice in a 12-month period. Your verifiable request must include sufficient detail for us to understand, evaluate, and respond to it. It must also provide sufficient information that allows us to reasonably verify that you are the individual about whom we have collected Personal Information or an authorized agent representing the individual. Please note that in some cases we may need to obtain information from you as part of the verification process to verify your identity to a reasonable degree. We may require you to provide Personal Information as part of the verification process. For authorized agents, we may require a signed, written authorization, a notarized affidavit, or a valid power of attorney. We will only use this information for the purpose of verifying the requestor’s identity or authority. To exercise these rights, please email us at email@example.com.
We will acknowledge your right to know or deletion request within ten (10) business days of receipt and provide information about how we will process the request. In many cases we will respond to your request within 45 days. In some cases we may extend the time to respond for another 45 days. If this extension is necessary, we will give you notice and the reason that we need the additional time to respond.
If we are unable to verify your identity or your authority to make the request within 45 days, we cannot fully respond to you and may deny your request. We may in such cases elect to treat the deletion request as an opt-out request. For requests seeking specific pieces of information, we will treat it as a request for the disclosure of the categories of Personal Information about the consumer.
We retain records of your requests, including the request data, nature of the request, manner of submission, the response and any basis of denial for a period of 24 months.
We will not discriminate against you in terms of services, the level or quality of services, or pricing for exercising any of your CCPA rights. If there are excessive requests, we may charge a reasonable fee as permitted under the CCPA.
RIGHT TO OPT-OUT OF DATA SALES FOR NEVADA RESIDENTS
We do not sell your covered information, as defined by Section 603A.320 of the Nevada Revised Statutes. If you reside in Nevada, you have the right to submit a request to us at firstname.lastname@example.org regarding the sale of covered information. Please include “Nevada” in your email subject line and include the following information in your email: your name, Nevada resident address, and email address. We will respond within sixty (60) days of receiving your request.
Miria Systems Inc.
2570 Boulevard of the Generals
Norristown, PA 19430